Even though I'm no longer in school, I could not pass this opportunity to make a themed craft. My two younger sisters start in September, and before starting to buy new supplies this was the perfect timing to brainstorm some upcycling ideas to make with the old ones. We ended up deciding on jewelry pieces (somehow I always end up making some kind of accessory) wich consist of front/back earrings, wich I am kinda obsessed about, an arrow necklace and a more discreet bracelet.
Materials: Colored pencils | Saw | Sandpaper | Pencil sharpener | Scissor | Hot glue | Super glue | Earring posts | Clear nail polish
1. Start by cutting the tip of the pencil with the saw, make sure the cut is as straight as possible
2. Cut a 2cm piece for the back
3. Sand the ends on both parts
4. Use superglue to glue the earring post to the front and on the back remove part of the pigmented core until you can fit the earring post inside
5. Fill the hole with hot glue and let it cool
6. Pierce the glue with the earring and protect the pencil from smudging color with a coat of clear nail polish.
Materials: Pencils | Screw Hooks | Saw | Sand paper | Superglue | Chain | Jumprings | Pliers | Nail polish
1. Start by aligning all the pencils in the position you want and mark where you will cut each one
2. Cut the pencils and don't forget to send the bottoms
3. Attach a screw hook on the two pencils from the outer sides
4. Use superglue to glue all the pencils together
5. Finally attach the jump rings and chain.
Materials: Pencils | Saw | Scissor | Washi tape | Pliers | Suede cord | Jumprings | Crimp ends | Clasp | Screw hooks
You can always make your pencil jewelry a bit more discreet like this bracelet, by covering the pencil in washi tape or painting a fun pattern in nail polish.
1. Same as the other two you will need to cut the pencil with the size you want
2. Cover it with washi tape
3. Screw the hooks on each side
4. Use suede cord or any other thick cord to make the wristband, and to close it, attach the crimp ends, jump rings and clasp.
How many of you are making back to school crafts this year? Has your school started yet?
Talk to you soon,